Friday, October 4, 2013

Cheesy taco pasta.

It's been way to long since I have last posted anything, and for that I am sorry. I have been super duper busy lately. Tennis seemed to take over my life. Anyway on to better things. Things such as comfort food. Ahhh Comfort food. Lets take a moment of silence to savor these words. (brief pause) Just typing these words bring me comfort.

 Comfort food can be defined under a wide variety of cuisines. According to Merriam-Webster dictionary comfort food is defined as food that is satisfying because it is prepared in a simple or traditional way and reminds you of home, family, or friends. Sounds simple enough. To me anything with cheese, cream, pasta, or many other not-so-healthy items of food are comforting.

This brings me to my next point, sharing a delicious comforting recipe with ya'll. This recipe could be easily defined as comfort food and under the umbrella of super easy and quick. 



Cheesy Taco Pasta
adapted from Emily Bites

Ingredients:


8 oz. of pasta of your choice (I either use wide egg noodles or shell pasta)
1 pound of ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning (or something equivalent to a packet)
1 1/2 cups salsa (I used a chunky salsa)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2  cups shredded cheese (used half cheddar & half Colby-Jack)
salt and pepper to taste
Olives (optional)

Directions:
  1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
  2. While the pasta is cooking, brown (cook) the ground beef in a large skillet. Break and crumble the beef while it is cooking. After it is thoroughly cooked, drain the grease from the beef.
  3. Add the taco seasoning, salsa, water to the beef and let simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes or until pasta is done cooking.
  4. Once the pasta is done cooking, drain pasta and add it to the beef mixture. Add the sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper and stir until it is combined. After the cheese has melted thoroughly, remove from heat and serve immediately.
  5. ENJOY!



As you can see, this recipe is easy and really good. I loved it the first time I made it. When I first made my family thought it looked kind of gross, but after they tried it they loved it. As always please and enjoy. Tell me what you think by either commenting or emailing me.
                                
Peace, Love, bake on.
                                                The Fiery Redhead 





No comments:

Post a Comment