Thursday, August 15, 2013

Roasted potatoes and sausage.


Hey everyone! It's been to long. I have had a rather busy summer. I had made all these plans to do all these fun DIYs, hair dos, and recipes and to share them with you and then it kind of hit the back burner. Sorry about that. The summer just flew by me, and time just escaped me. One reason for the lack of activity on the Fiery Redhead this summer was that I had an appendicitis. And so I had emergency surgery on a Sunday night and spent the next several weeks recovering at home in bed. I can't tell how much Netflix I watched while stuck in bed. After being released from the doctor a few weeks later, I found that my senior year was fast approaching. And with school comes tennis, which I love, but takes it a lot of my time. So now that my senior year has started and so has my last season of tennis, I find that I am hard pressed on time after practice to make a delicious supper (not only that but I am usually quite tired by the time it is time to make supper). So, I am digging up my favorite type of recipes, the quick and easy ones. And one of the recipes that I happened to dig up and make tonight was roasted sausage and potatoes. The great thing about this recipe is that you can ad lib. You can slice up and add an onion or even peppers, which is what I did tonight. Just add what you think you and your family may like and what you have on hand. Also this recipes can be easily multiplied to make more or even cut in half. It's kind of like a guideline.


Quick and easy roasted potatoes and sausage


To Make This Recipe:
6 potatoes  
Italian sausage or some other similar type of sausage (the sausage in the pictures isa spicy sausage)
Onion, sliced
Pepper(s), sliced
Garlic salt
Oregano
Black Pepper
Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop up the potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces. Place potatoes on a baking sheet sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Cut each link of sausage into small pieces based on your own preference, but I would do about 1/2 inch pieces. Add the sliced vegetables to the potatoes on the baking sheet. Sprinkle seasonings (garlic, oregano, black pepper) on top of the potatoes and vegetables, evenly. Add the sausage to the potatoes and vegetables. Drizzle some olive oil on top the potatoes, vegetables, and sausage. Place in oven and bake about 30 minutes, or until potatoes and sausage are cooked all the way through. Flip the potatoes every so often while baking in the oven. Cooking time varies depending on the size of potatoes and sausage. So just keep an eye on it. 

*fun add in: tomatoes, canned or fresh. 

Quick and easy roasted potatoes and sausage

As you can see this recipes is super easy and quick. And it doesn't have a lot of clean up time. That is a definite bonus. Anyway enough of my rambling. Please enjoy!

Peace, love, bake on.
                              Andrea

1 comment: