Sunday, February 1, 2015

Blueberry Cobbler {updated}

I thought I would update my one of my old posts, Blueberry cobbler. This recipe has become a staple in my house for couple years now. My old post didn't really do this recipe justice. Really the picture on this post does not do this recipe justice either. I found this recipe several years ago just when I was starting up my blog almost 2 years ago. 
This dessert is always a hit where ever I take it. Everyone always asks for the recipe. I could eat this whole thing by myself. There's not just eat one serving. It's so scrumptious. Words or pictures really can't describe it loveliness. It's even better served warm with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream. Consider yourself warned. 
This recipe does call for blueberry pie filling, but you do not have to use blueberry filling. I use this recipe as the basis for all my cobblers. I sometimes use canned peaches instead. You can use any fruit, but you would might need to put a little water over the fruit and sugar or make compote with the fruit. Also, I don't always have 2 or 2.5 quart dish so I use a 9x13 dish. This way it can easily be double for a larger crowd or for hungrier appetites. If you don't have an hour to bake it, you can do 40-45 minutes at 375 degrees, which is what I do sometimes. 

Easy blueberry cobbler dessert

Blueberry Cobbler
adapted from allrecipes.com

Ingredients
  • 6 tbs. butter
  • 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1 cup self-rising flour (or 1 cup flour, 1 1/3 tsp. baking powder, & 1/3 tsp. salt)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 (21 oz.) can blueberry pie filling or other fruit(You don't have to use pie filling)
Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Melt butter and pour into a 2 or 2.5 quart casserole or baking pan. Mix sugar, flour, and milk together.
  3. Pour mixture into pan over butter, but do NOT mix. Pour blueberry pie filling over mixture, but do NOT mix. 
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. 
  5. Serve warm with ice cream, if you desire to do so.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do. Have a happy Sunday! I will enjoy mine inside since its snowing out.

Peace, Love, Bake on.



                                                          Andrea  

No comments:

Post a Comment