Monday, August 28, 2017

What I'm reading: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

Actually, ignore the title. I read this a while ago, but I had to share. Anyway, Dark Matter is written by Blake Crouch. This book was a science fiction thriller that really kept me on the edge of my seat. I found that I didn't want to put the book down chapter after chapter. Crouch really got me sucked in. This book had a really well thought out plot that had a big surprise, which is why I stayed up late reading the book. I just had to know what was going to happen next. It was clever and really thought provoking. 

Image result for dark matter blake crouch

The book is about a physicist named Jason Dessen. He lives in Chicago with his wife and son, and teaches at a university. One night, Jason is abducted and drugged. When he wakes up, he is in a world that doesn't seem to be the one he last remembers. His wife is no longer his wife and his son was never born. On top of that, Jason isn't just some college professor, but a genius celebrated for achieving something amazing. Jason questions his sanity and goes on a journey that is both miraculous and horrifying. At the end, he has to be beat a foe that seems to be unbeatable. 



If I haven't sold you on the book yet, Sony Pictures bought the rights the movie in 2014. This was even before the book was published in 2016. This means that movie or TV show are in the works, which is really exciting. After reading this book, I can't wait to see this play out on screen. 
So, if you want to read a science thriller that's going to get you totally gripped then Dark Matter is for you. I would highly recommend this book. I read and listened to this book. So, if reading isn't your thing, I'd definitely recommend listening to this on audio. This would be great book to listen to on a road trip. I never got board listening or reading this book. 
                                                                              
                                                                Happy Monday,
                                                                                     Andrea 

P.S. Don't forget that you don't have to purchase this book/audiobook, you can check it out at your local library. I do! They will probably have it as it was a popular book, and if they don't ask about interlibrary loans

No comments:

Post a Comment