Thursday, February 21, 2013

My favorite Buttercream frosting.

Have you tried numerous buttercream recipes and still haven't been wowwed? Well I know I went through that, and after trial and error I now can say I have found my favorite buttercream frosting recipe.
The great thing about buttercream is that it is so versatile and fairly simple to make. Buttercream is a tradional frosting that can be easily used to pipe frosting and decorate with. I found that recipes I had used before were just never thick enough and this recipe is always thick the first time.
Buttercream Frosting:
1  1/2  cups of butter (at room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups powdered sugar or confectioner's sugar (sifted)
3 tablespoons heavy cream (whipping cream)
First, using a blender whip the butter until it is a lighter color, which should take 3-5 minutes. Next, add the vanilla. Mix together. Next, add half the powdered sugar and two tablespoons of heavy cream. Start mixing that together. Add the remaining sugar and heavy cream, and mix together until it is all one consistency.
You can always thin this frosting out if it slightly to thick for you. You can either add a teaspoon or two of 2% milk or more heavy cream.
When I use this recipe, I almost always add frosting dye. This recipe does coloring well.


In the picure above, I used this buttercream recipe and added Wilton Royal Blue frosting dye. The cake recipe I used to make the cupcakes can be found on my blog or click HERE.
I hope the direction aren't to confusing and if they are please comment!

Peace, love, Bake on.
               
                                                Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment