Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies {my favorite cookie EVER}

Hello world! I hope everyone had a very joyous Christmas and a happy New Year. During the Christmas season I made Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. To me the holiday equals baking season. I made several batches of these delicious Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. A few times I added both chocolate chips and crushed Andes Mints. I love them. I love going to Olive Garden and getting them when they give you your receipt after paying the check. These cookies came out soft and chewy every time. They are my go oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. 


The best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

The best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are hands down my favorite cookie. I could eat a whole batch by myself. So let that be your warning, they are addicting. Bake and eat at your own risk. Don't let my poor photography shy you away from such a life changing, yummy cookie. 


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from Radiant Dust 

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or some other chip)

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. 
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
  3. Bake for 11-12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. 
  4. Eat up and enjoy. (My favorite is to eat them while they are still slightly warm. I also love to dip them in almond milk.)


The best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

The best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Until next time.

Peace, love, bake on.

                                    Andrea  

No comments:

Post a Comment