Everyone loves blueberries, right? Well this dessert will sure be hit with anyone who does. It's so good and guess what? Really easy to make as well. (YES!)
My dad for a while had been wanting me to make blueberry cobbler, and so I got out my trustee sidekicks, my favorite cookbooks. I found a few and found my favorite instantly. And I had to share it with ya'll.
So here is what you will need:
- 6 tbs. butter
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour (or 1 cup flour, 1 1/3 tsp. baking powder, & 1/3 tsp. salt)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (21 oz.) can blueberry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and pour into a 2 or 2.5 quart casserole or baking pan. Mix sugar, flour, and milk together.
- Pour mixture into pan over butter, but do NOT mix. Pour blueberry pie filling over mixture, but do NOT mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if you desire to do so.
*When I made this I wanted to get it baked in 45 minutes, so I preheated the oven 375 degrees instead of 350 degrees. At 375 degrees I baked it for 45 minutes. I would still recommend to cook at 350 for 1 hour if you have the time.
** My 2 and 2.5 quart casserole/ baking dishes were being used or dirty, so I used a 9x13 pan, which was 3 quarts instead of 2 or 2.5 quarts, but it baked nicely and looked good, too.
Remember to have fun and enjoy. Good luck, as always!